- 1 Login in Moodle and Update User Profile
- 2 Update User Profile
- 3 Instant Messages and Discussion Forum
- 4 Manipulation of Moodle Interface and Course Creation
- 5 Populate Moodle Course with E-learning Objects (Content)
Moodle Tutorial for Students and Lecturers
In this activity, participants will learn how to:
- Log in Moodle (different ways)
- Update their profiles (adding pictures, short biography, contact details such as Skype, e-mail, etc.)
I. Log in Moodle
Participants will learn how to log in Moodle through:
- Polytechnic website
- Moodle website address (URL)
1. Log in through Polytechnic website
- You can access Polytechnic website by typing www.polytechnic.edu.na using the browser of your choice. It is recommended to use Mozilla Firefox for better results. Please contact the BCS technician attached to your School or Department to assist in installation or upgrade of Mozilla Firefox. After typing the Polytechnic URL, the following page opens as shown below:
Notice the blue bar with different options such as Admissions, Student Life, etc. on the above opened page.
- Click on the option named “E-Poly” and the following page is opened:
- Click on E-learning to open the page providing access to E-learning platforms as shown below:
- To access Moodle, click on the option 1 “Moodle E-learning site” and the system opens the Moodle page as shown below:
- Enter your username and password as provided by the system administrator in the provided login area. If your login is valid, the system will grant you access to Moodle home page as shown below:
The home page displays courses that you are a member on the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
2. Log in Directly through Moodle URL
You can access the login page of Moodle by typing http://elearning.polytechnic.edu.na/elearn using the browser of your choice. As I said before, it is recommended to use Mozilla Firefox for better results. Once the login page is displayed, enter your username and password to login the system. If your credentials are valid, the system will open Moodle home page and you will see courses that you are a member under the “My Courses” label as shown in the previous illustration.